World Languages Course for Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
In this expanding engagement with French, students deepen their focus on four key skills in foreign language acquisition: listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. In addition, students read significant works of literature in French, and respond orally or in writing to these works. The course consists of 180 lesson days formatted in an intuitive calendar view, which can be divided into two 90- day semesters and represents an ideal blend of language learning pedagogy and online learning.
Continuing the pattern, and building on what students encountered in the first two years, each week consists of a new vocabulary theme and grammar concept, numerous interactive games reinforcing vocabulary and grammar, reading and listening comprehension activities, speaking and writing activities, and multimedia cultural presentations covering major French-speaking areas in Europe and the Americas. The course has been carefully aligned to national standards as set forth by ACTFL (the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages).
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Ignite Christian Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page Read Benefits of Ignite
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of Concepts
- Family and Relationship
- Guide to French Rhythm and Accents
- The Extended Family
- Countries and Nationalities
- Question Words, Etre, and Useful Verbs
- Telling Time
- Question Words, Physical Characteristics, Colors, and Shapes
- Personal Characteristics and Other Useful Descriptions
- At School
- Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Computers and the Internet
- Baptisms and Weddings Vocabulary
- Calendar and Useful Verbs
- Ordinal Numbers and Location
- Around the House and Furniture
- Body Parts
- Medical Terms
- Hygiene and Fitness
- Common Prepositions and Adverbs
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Grains
- Meats and Dairies
- Beverages and Meals
- Hobbies and Pastimes