Math Course for Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
This course begins by focusing on the extension of the number system. Students evaluate functions, touch on exponential functions, and explore the operations of polynomials. Next, nonlinear functions are covered before students complete a unit on factoring polynomials using various methods. The course continues with quadratic expressions, equations, and functions; comparing their characteristics and behavior to those of linear and exponential relationships from previous courses. As quadratic equations become more multifaceted, real and complex numbers are introduced to extend the set of rational numbers which can be used to solve quadratic equations.
Students also explore the link between probability and data through conditional probability, two-way tables, and counting methods. Finally, this course challenges students to make connections between algebra and geometry as they study similarity, right triangle trigonometry and proofs, as well as circles with and without coordinates. Students are able to use coordinates to prove simple geometric theorems algebraically as well as analyze two- and three- dimensional figures. The content within this course allows students to practice problem solving and critical thinking as they attempt real-world scenario math problems.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Ignite Christian Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page Read Benefits of Ignite
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of Concepts
- Unit 1: Extending the Number System
- Unit 2: Nonlinear Functions
- Unit 3: Polynomial Expressions
- Unit 4: Quadratic Functions and Modeling
- Unit 5: Expressions and Equations: Part One
- Unit 6: Expressions and Equations: Part Two
- Unit 7: Applications of Probability
- Unit 8: Similarity, Right Triangle Trigonometry, and Proof: Part One
- Unit 9: Similarity, Right Triangle Trigonometry, and Proof: Part Two
- Unit 10: Circles With and Without Coordinates
- Unit 11: Two- and Three- Dimensional Figures