Math Course for Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
This course synthesizes previous mathematical learning in four focused areas of instruction. First, students relate visual displays and summary statistics to various types of data and to probability distributions with a focus on drawing conclusions from the data. Then, students embark on an in-depth study of polynomial, rational, and radical functions, drawing on concepts of integers and number properties to understand polynomial operations and the combination of functions through operations. This section of instruction builds to the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra.
Students then expand the study of right-triangle trigonometry they began in Integrated Math II to include non-right triangles, developing the Laws of Sines and Cosines. Finally, students model an array of real-world situations with all the types of functions they have studied, including work with logarithms to solve exponential equations. As they synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families, students appreciate the usefulness and relevance of mathematics in the real world.
Ready to Get Started with Our Online Academy?
Ignite Christian Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page of our online academy to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 800.682.7396.Back to Course List
Print This Page Read Benefits of Ignite
Need help choosing courses? Call 800.682.7396 for curricula advice and placement testing options.
Overview of Concepts
- Unit 1: Inferences and Conclusions from Data
- Unit 2: Polynomials, Rational, and Radical Relationships: Part One
- Unit 3: Polynomials, Rational, and Radical Relationships: Part Two
- Unit 4: Polynomials, Rational, and Radical Relationships: Part Three
- Unit 5: Trigonometry of General Triangles and Trigonometric Functions
- Unit 6: Mathematical Modeling: Part One
- Unit 7: Mathematical Modeling: Part Two
- Unit 8: Mathematical Modeling: Part Three
- Unit 9: Mathematical Modeling: Part Four